Seller claims to have sent 2 items, only recieved one.

I purchased 2 different items from a seller, I only received one of the items in the package. When I explained this to the seller I did not get a response. So I opened a case with eBay. They then told me they sent both items in the same package and updated the open case with a tracking number which stated the items were successfully delivered.

I'm guessing I'm out of luck here because there is no way for me to prove I didn't receive one of the items and as far as eBay is concerned, they were delivered successfully... Do I just leave negative feedback and accept the loss?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Seller claims to have sent 2 items, only recieved one.

Unfortunately though I did not know that both items were "supposedly" sent in the one package until the seller lodged to have the case closed with ebay by provided the tracking number (which was common to both items) that showed delived. No tracking number was provided to me when "sent". I assumed as I only received one item, that each had been sent individually.

This smells dodgy to me.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

It is not dodgey.....just the way the system works.

When the second item was not in the parcel you should have asked the seller if they were sent together and for the tracking number.

If the answer was yes, and the tracking showed as delivered then you would know to open a Not As Described dispute.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Following up from my issue....

I appealed the decision and subsequently won the case. A refund was granted for the item that was not sent and rightly so.

However, the seller has now sent me an abusive message accusing me of stealing from him and that I didn't contact him, which is entirely untrue, and the case history shows it. They have also sent a paypal request for the money that was refunded.

Is there a means of reporting this behaviour? What is the best action to take?
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I would just ignore it, although there is a button somewhere to report sellers (never used it, so not sure where to find)

Put them on your block list in case they try buy anything from you.

Also, I have found that having a PO Box is the best way to ensure security and privacy when buying on Ebay.

Not sure if you have one, but just something to think about for the future.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

I'm ignoring for now, and if it continues I'll report.

Going by some of the negative feedback they have had there seems to be a running theme and similar accounts of bad behaviour and abuse. As well as not receiving full orders.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

One important point that has been overlooked. Did you pay for seperate postage for both items, or where they free postage or listed as combined postage in your order details ? If you where charged a seperate postage fee for both items, they should have been sent seperately with individual tracking numbers for each. In this scenario, the single tracking nuimber wont be suffice to win a case.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

We're the items heavy? If you check the packaging was the parcel weight consistent with 2 items or just the 1 item you received?
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply