Taking eBay seller to ACCC

nivi_k
Community Member

Hi,

I am after some advice on how to proceed against a seller on eBay. The amount for claim is small, but I am trying to get the product removed from the market for safety reasons.  ACCC requires the ABN/ACN which eBay refuses to provide for "privacy" reasons. 

Any idea how to proceed? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Taking eBay seller to ACCC

Hi Dom,  mysterious forces at play, several possibilities.

Message 41 of 63
Latest reply

The amount for claim is SMALL i.e. insignificant - first step on eBay is initiating a return with reason. I don’t care about the refund, if I did it would have been a claim at VCAT and not ACCC.  

Message 42 of 63
Latest reply

Look at ABN look up.  Just checked it for you

It's registered to Ebay Commerce Pty Ltd

I will be lodging a complaint with them too.

Message 43 of 63
Latest reply

Wrong,  all payments to sellers are now routed through ebay commerce.  Ebay is not the seller so you are wasting your time there.

Message 44 of 63
Latest reply

The eBay Community Boards is a place for eBay members to help and connect with other members. If you need assistance from eBay directly, please contact Customer Support.

Message 45 of 63
Latest reply

fol-30
Community Member

Hi, i bought 566 grams of gold but it turns out it is brass. I have the same problem without a business name or a phone number there is no way of filling out a report.

Message 46 of 63
Latest reply

Please start your own thread, as you will get more responses and attention. This thread is not really old, but not new either, and not related to your specific problem.

At any rate you should open a case for INAD (item not as described). You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case on eBay and 180 days since the date of purchase to open a case in PayPal if you used it to pay.

Message 47 of 63
Latest reply

IF you have proof that it is brass then why not open a dispute with eBay's MBG for "item not as described" ?

If you try to go through the ACCC you will more than likely run out of time to use eBay's buyer protection....

Edit. Snap Papermoon.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 48 of 63
Latest reply

OMG you paid $10,500 for something unseen on ebay!!??

Open an Item Not as Described immediately to get your money back before it's too late.

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Message 49 of 63
Latest reply