Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

So are we charged 3 times per purchase

Are we now being charged a 3rd time for an import charge? I make a purchase in this instance from England, the item 30 pounds, another 15 pounds for the global shipping and now a third import charge, each a separate charge that will go through my cre...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Online Shopping Tax

I'm a very regular ebay shopper and i am disgusted. I've just been reading in the newspapers that the government is planning to introduce a tax on all online shopping purchases. Apparently the tax will increase the price of each purchase by about 60 ...

ebay needs to WAKE up! (re GST)

ebay needs to WAKE up and realise consumers are going to hate GST being added onto their foreign purchases... This is a heads up ebay...! We understand you (ebay) are forced to collect GST on behalf of the Australian Government. We get that this is t...

• 30 replies
  • 2 Helpful

EBay Money Back Guarantee not reliable?

Hi,I bought a model car on 5 June and paid through PayPal in the same day.. The next day the seller marked the model as shipped so I asked for the tracking number. He said he'll give it later that day. I didn't receive it and for the next couple of d...

Did eBay remove item location from the search page?

Before, this is what could be possible, you could narrow down your search to your area or country: Now as of July 2018, that option seems to be missing: This is simply unacceptable and hinders the eBay experience. I would rather shop on sites where t...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Fake USB capacityon eBay

Took me a looong while to find this place. Chinese manufacturers are very cunning. They change the log file to fool properties on computer to exaggerate Gb numbers. There is no way to check them until you've received it. Sellers might or might not kn...

• 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful

those crazy chinese

i bought an item from a chinese seller for $1he advertised this item as 4pcs for $1, these are easily found at around $2.50 for 4 so at $1 was a good price.so after waiting 2 months my items arrive, but not 4 only 1.so i leave a very rare negative fe...

• 45 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Should this ebayer be de-registered

if any eBay staff are reading this please could they read the messagges from This involves an 80 year old picture frame sold for $8 and because I described it only as 'Used' the buyer wanted a refund because it did not have a stand to support it. Th...

GST impost from 1st July

My understanding is that from 1st July EBay will collect from buyers a 10% GST impost on purchases from overseas sellers. Whether the buyer is registered for GST is immaterial, they will still pay the GST but claim it back as an input credit when the...

Cancelling unpaid order (seller never replies...)

So I have committed to buy 3 items on monday from the same seller,paid for one of them and left 2 of them unpaid and requested cancellation via ebay message for unpaid items almost straight after the checkout, since I realised that seller doesn't do ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Bought 2 “new” iPhone 5S from them....

Bought 2 “new” iPhone 5S from them....18 months later, I needed 2 new batteries and found out they are not real iPhonesNEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful