$1 variable fee promo ending early

pnc75
Community Member

Dear User,

Our records indicate that you have RSVP’d for the $1 Variable Fee promotion. Please be advised that, in accordance with the promotion terms & conditions, we have varied the terms, and the promotion will now be ending effective 12:00pm AEDT Thursday 17 November 2022. 

That's like right now. Thanks, ebay 😞

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: $1 variable fee promo ending early

It was great while it lasted

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for wasting our time ebay, seriously WTH?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

What a joke they are. Should have at least provided a week's notice. 

Annoyed. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

They must have realised how much it would have cost them. All those people who won't list unless there is a FVF promo flooding the site.

I doubt I'll get many sales from the dozen listings I managed in the promo period.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

This promotion was advertised to end on 31-12-2022. The sudden early closure and notification came to me only 28 minutes before the new end time of 12 p.m. on 17-11-2022 (today).  I can only describe this as disgraceful conduct by eBay. This devious early ending of the promotion has cost me not only in loss of earnings but has wasted my time in preparing listings for the discounted rate. Come on eBay your greediness is really giving us honest sellers a real reason to go elsewhere. I am beyond being disappointed with eBay on this one.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Same. Had a number of listings planned over the next few weeks. 

And this was the first promo I can remember in around a year. 

They can't be trusted. 

End of the day buyers will be paying higher prices. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I had plans to get busy listing over the next couple of weeks, with genuine new listings.   I wonder if ebays hand has been tipped, by sellers cancelling all listings and then relisting as sell similar, for items to be eligible for the stated promotion fee.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Interesting point. I cancelled some items and relisted them in the previous $1 promo. When items sold eBay didn’t apply the $1 fee promo, so had to chase this up with eBay.  They kept trying to say that the items were relisted so therefore did not count. I pointed out their T&Cs didn’t say anything about relisted items being excluded, only “auto relisted” or GTC items.

With much back and forth on this they agreed to provide credits.

There terms do not specify, as I have pointed out to them several times, that a relisted item is not the same as an auto-relisted item.

It does however mention in the exclusions, “items relisted after the Promo period do not qualify.” Based on this statement in their own T&Cs, relisted items should qualify.  

Anyone who did relist items during the Promo and didn’t get the $1 fee applied should fight this! I’ve outline this flaw in the exclusions below!

BA890F33-88CB-495F-83A9-07AE9B7F6983.jpeg

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply