Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

An increasing annoyance of mine is buyers who just cant be bothered leaving any feedback

Out of my last 20 sales i only have 10 of them who have left me feedback (2 of them are recent sales) and 8 people are yet to leave any feedback and its been weeks.

Feedback is important as i know my item has arrived safely, plus im trying to build up my business and i want positive feedback to hopefully generate more customers.

My policy on selling is simple. I use good customer service. I always contact the buyer and thank them for their purchase and quick payment (if they paid instantly). I always let them know when i will be posting their item. I always leave positive feedback once they have made their payment and mark item posted as soon as i post it. I even contact the customer to let them know that i have sent it, Good friendly and professional customer service is not hard.

Some of by customers really appreciate it and let me know. Others just dont care, i never hear from them and they dont bother to leave any feedback.

Does this happen alot to other sellers? what strategies do you have to aid in helping. I have sent a few friendly reminders about people "forgetting to leave me feedback". The odd time it works but most of the time it doesnt.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Instead, I love getting the kaching of a buyer buying something. Much more satisfying than useless coloured dots on a screen.

I always feel disappointed when I check my phone and discover I've made a sale but missed the 'ka-ching' sound due to the phone being set to silent.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 41 of 55
Latest reply

Surely there must be a device that will give you an electric shock when your phone's on silent tazzie.

..........could cause a bit of consternation with people close by though..........

Yep there is, just Googled it.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 55
Latest reply

This is the type of post that makes me think that ebay should provide buyers with the facility to block sellers who they do not wish to deal with.

*sigh

How many times do I have to post instructions on how to block sellers from your search?

Spoiler
 block sellers.JPG
Message 43 of 55
Latest reply

[video]

Message 44 of 55
Latest reply

Don't stress Stawks....I was just making a point....but thanks for the Spoiler.

The very few sellers I would not buy from again are firmly in my memory although 2 of them are now NARU and the other one has such dreadful feedback that nobody in their right mind would buy from them anyway.

Message 45 of 55
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Instead, I love getting the kaching of a buyer buying something. Much more satisfying than useless coloured dots on a screen.

I agree.Smiley Happy

Back when we were selling, people relied a lot more on feedback (no paypal around then) but all the same, we were just grateful to sell things and get paid, that was the main thing.

Positive feedback was nice but not an essential (especially after we had built up a few positives)

The thing I found oddest about the post though was the belief that those who are blocked will be desperate to buy, almost beside themselves with regret for not giving feedback and will open other accounts so as to buy.

I'd say you might get the occasional customer who does that but in the majority of cases, the buyers will go on their merry way, never knowing they have been blocked because they won't be repeat customers.

And those occasional ones who do attempt to buy a second time will just be puzzled. They won't have a clue why they are blocked. All they will know is they bought and paid promptly & got the item no worries. They are more likely to think it is an ebay glitch.

If the seller (forget her name) wants to get her message across in order to have buyers gnash their teeth in grief etc, she is going the wrong way about it. She needs to private message each buyer who annoys her and say-I have blocked you from any further purchases with me as you did not leave feedback. So there!

Mind you, I think it goes against business model 101.Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 55
Latest reply

I agree

I have had  many sellers pestering for feedback before the item has even been sent in the post

Yet they are the same people who do not leave feedback after they have taken your money.😐

No gratitude, no thanks. When they hanker me for feedback I give them none in return.

Why should we have to bow down to them, we owe them Nothing. However I do leave feedback for decent sellers who care for their customers. 

Message 47 of 55
Latest reply

When you search for a topic on these boards about an issue, it is best to

1. A) check the date it was first posted. 2014
  2. B) read through the previous replies before you decide to post. There is likely an answer already.
  3. Don't post just to add a comment that is a repeat of others before it
Message 48 of 55
Latest reply

4. Note that the complaint was about BUYERS not leaving feedback.

5. Buyers can only have positive, so a buyer's feedback is essentially a count of sellers who left feedback and has no bearing on their eBay account.

Message 49 of 55
Latest reply

FWIW our experience on over 30,000 plus sales is that only about 30% will leave feedback

Message 50 of 55
Latest reply