Fake - Rainbow Rose seeds

Warning dont buy the Rainbow Rose Seeds that a few sellers have. The are fake, dont waste your money.

For one thing hybrid Roses will not come true from seed. Thats how we get new colours in Roses. If you grow any Roses from seeds (except species) you could have any colour and even poor quality plant and flower.

The Rainbow Rose, you will see the flower on the seller page, is multi-coloured. The reason its done by splitting the stem and placing in water with dye.

Search the interent and will see a number of articles about the Rainbow Rose. I wish E-bay would act and delete these listings. I have a sent number of warning to E-bay over a week ago but so far no action on their side.

Be warned buyers, there are fake item on E-bay.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

i-love-my-sheep wrote:The other sellers get away with it because by the time the rose seeds grow (if they do in fact grow), it can be a few years before you get a flower and a few years before you realise that you have actually bought a light cream rose, not a coloured one. By then, there's jack you can do about it.

On the US discussion boards there was a post where a member asked what was the plant they had grown

from seed as it wasn't a Rainbow Rose as advertised.

After a fair bit of discussion it was decided that it was probable a weed seed and it should be taken to their local

quarantine centre as it could be an environmental  hazard.

They never came back to the thread to report the outcome.

So buyers may not even get a Rose seed

Message 41 of 75
Latest reply

Another year, another bump.

This thread is ANCIENT!

Message 42 of 75
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Another year, another bump.

This thread is ANCIENT!

But still relevant as those fake seed sellers are still allowed to continue ripping of members.

From only 30 listings a year and a half ago the http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=rainbow+rose+seeds&_geositeid=15&_trksid=m...

now has over 300 fake seed listings,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Over ten thousand of members have been ripped off by these scammers already and eBay don't care as

they are bringing in money and that's all they care about,(integrity isn't part of their setup),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Loss of buyers that may never buy again because they might now believe that eBay is dodgy doesn't seem

to concern them either.

Message 43 of 75
Latest reply

patioapple
Community Member

has anyone thought about reporting this to the ACCC or even to australian Quarantine?

Message 44 of 75
Latest reply

@patioapple wrote:

has anyone thought about reporting this to the ACCC or even to australian Quarantine?

What is the ACCC going to do?   For the most part the sellers are in China so no Australian authorities can touch them.

It is not illegal to import all plant seeds...there are many that are completely legal.  I have no doubt that Quarantine is aware of the scam but they cannot do anything if the seeds are legal.

Message 45 of 75
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

What is the ACCC going to do?   For the most part the sellers are in China so no Australian authorities can touch them.

It is not illegal to import all plant seeds...there are many that are completely legal.  I have no doubt that Quarantine is aware of the scam but they cannot do anything if the seeds are legal.

Only 184 of 534 are listed as Aussie sellers that have jumped on the fake band wagon.

The problem is that those sellers believe that their seeds are real,(doesn't same much for their intelligence

or the intelligence of the buyer)shok.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=rainbow+rose+seeds&_geositeid=15&_trksid=m...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_geositeid=15&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSRCHX%3ASRCH...

That search originally started with 30 listings nearly 2 years ago and is now up to 534,(although some of the

items aren't actual RR seed listings).

Old thread but still relevant as the fakes just keep on keeping on making money for eBay,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 46 of 75
Latest reply

They have been selling these seeds for a long time and ebay has been notified but choose to ignore the situation. There must be some way to stop this scam surely!

Message 47 of 75
Latest reply

You will not stop it while there are buyers who are gullible enough to believe that Rainbow Roses and other exotic coloured fruits actually do exist.

Message 48 of 75
Latest reply

Awww Lyndal....

I believe golliwogs exist and ebay got rid of them quick enoughshock run smiley.gif

Message 49 of 75
Latest reply

Yes, but golliwogs offend the senses of the more vocal members of society....the squeaky wheel and all that!!

Rainbow Roses are just pretty and no-one believes there is anything wrong with them.  That is why ebay ignores the voices of reason from members who can see that others are getting ripped off.Smiley Frustrated

Message 50 of 75
Latest reply