Fake - Rainbow Rose seeds

Warning dont buy the Rainbow Rose Seeds that a few sellers have. The are fake, dont waste your money.

For one thing hybrid Roses will not come true from seed. Thats how we get new colours in Roses. If you grow any Roses from seeds (except species) you could have any colour and even poor quality plant and flower.

The Rainbow Rose, you will see the flower on the seller page, is multi-coloured. The reason its done by splitting the stem and placing in water with dye.

Search the interent and will see a number of articles about the Rainbow Rose. I wish E-bay would act and delete these listings. I have a sent number of warning to E-bay over a week ago but so far no action on their side.

Be warned buyers, there are fake item on E-bay.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

So Ebay does not care, so why should we then. Buyers just dont complain if its fake.

I can now sell my blue flowering Rose seeds without any worries. Buyers just give me your money and you get what you pay for hahaha

Message 31 of 75
Latest reply

You should sell the Yellow, Bue, and Black strawberries. You will make a killing haha

Message 32 of 75
Latest reply

muniarox
Community Member

eBay will only warn you after you purchase the product. Like whatttttttttttt? can't they do it before when someone saves it into their watch list? i feel sorry for those who bought this item. 

Message 33 of 75
Latest reply

metcau1
Community Member

I bought black strawberry seed a few months back when i first started gardening. $8.00. i have also a report on the item to ebay, i wish they would hurry up and delete these scams!

Message 34 of 75
Latest reply

I can now sell my blue flowering Rose seeds without any worries.

Hmmm .... You don't have any giant bean seeds do you?

I have this cow .......

Message 35 of 75
Latest reply

Some one in Dubbo also is selling. I was told at TAFE anyone able to create a blue or black rose would be set for life. If you could create a rainbow rose they would be worth much more than the asking price. Any gardener knows that plants seldom stay true to seed.

Message 36 of 75
Latest reply

horror smiley.gif         They're back        

Did you even read the thread?     The pictures are photoshopped.

Message 37 of 75
Latest reply

The thread is about fake rose seed is it not?
Message 38 of 75
Latest reply

Why, yes,   yes it is.        eye roll.gif

But your post didn't read like you knew that       big grin smiley.gif

Message 39 of 75
Latest reply

For the most part, yes. I think it would also be acceptable to discuss fake strawberry seeds and other seeds where the picture has been photoshopped to show a fake colour.

The thing with the rainbow rose seeds, what 99.9% of sellers don't tell you is, they don't actually grow that way, you have to make them coloured yourself. What you get sent is a certain type of rose that gives the best effect for the colours (although most white roses will work). You have to split the stem at the bottom and then submerge each split stem in dyed water and the rose absorbs it up turning the petals different colours. We used to make blue ones years ago for mothers who had baby boys.

If the sellers told you this in the listing, there wouldn't be all these issues. I found 2 sellers in Hong Kong who actually tell the truth. The other sellers get away with it because by the time the rose seeds grow (if they do in fact grow), it can be a few years before you get a flower and a few years before you realise that you have actually bought a light cream rose, not a coloured one. By then, there's jack you can do about it.

Message 40 of 75
Latest reply