Has Anyone Else Experienced Low Sales Since The Beginning of the Year?

My sales are at an all time low.  Is it just me or is everyone experiencing this?  I sell, new, nearly new brands and designer and vintage women's clothing but have found since Christmas sales are REALLY LOW!  I can't afford to offer free postage, and my prices are very low as it is!  Can anyone suggest something?

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Has Anyone Else Experienced Low Sales Since The Beginning of the Year?

Thank you for your comments and good luck with your new venture.
Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

Thank you for your comments. Any advice on how to sell on Facebook? I am new to Ebay and found it hard to grasp all of the technology, but get by as their customer support is very good. Is Facebook similar in this way? Any suggestion you can give me, would be appreciated. Many Thanks.
Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

I am new to Ebay and found it hard to grasp all of the technology, but get by as their customer support is very good.

lmao smiley.gif

I think we've found the Golden Child folks.

Nadja, I'm pleased that they are helping you

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

My latest sale (second in 90 days) is an NPB for an aution. Ebay sales are non existant on my 2 accounts. I'm off to file an NPB before Ebay charges me for the sale & takes ages to refund my money!

No sales means I don't buy - Simple Economics!

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

Samr here.Ebay used to be a great place to sell.Now I  am lucky to sell 4-5 items a month.Used to be about 30-40.I was reducing prices and doing a lot of free post but never made a difference.Seems Ebay have a quota of of what I can sell every month.It's going down all the time...I believe i am being throttled.

Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

Hmm should I complain about $20 sale ebay gives me every few days? So much effort to get to the post office for a few $ profit. After petrol, that's 0. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I think they just want us to pay for promoted listings so they can take more money.
Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Our two ebay stores have been on a steady decline in sales for the past 12-months, frequently setting new low point records.

Like this past weekend just gone, not a single ebay sale the entire weekend on either store.

Now whilst weekends are normally slower than weekdays for us this has never happened before.

We alo have our own website and Etsy and just as well we do as those two are helping although sales on both are down as well, but not as much as ebay.

We are getting a new venture under way and that is looking more promising each month.

So if that continues on the trends exhibited so far we should be in a position to totally close down our ebay stores by about the end of this year. It will no longer be a viable proposition to continue with them.

Barely worth the hassles dished out to sellers by ebay and the kind of clientele (buyers) they seem to attract these days.

So we are now running down our stock and the plan is to try and have most of it gone by the end of the year.

What's left at the end will go via the Facebook craft destash pages for what we paid hopefully.

Very sorry to hear in that it will be sad to see you go clarry, but very best wishes for your new venture Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

Haha! Thanks MB.

Whilst we may stop selling on ebay I may still lurk around these boards from time to time to share some of the knowledge I have gained over the years we have been selling on ebay.

I have to say that a large part of that knowledge has come from the experienced regulars on here such as your good self. Apart from the sheer experiences we have had along the way.

But... you don't quite get rid of me quite that easy. Actually, truth be known, I'd rather keep on selling but if its not economically viable to do so we will be forced to close up shops. The way its trending now its looking like the end of the year would be about the wrap-up.

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

Haha! Thanks MB.

Whilst we may stop selling on ebay I may still lurk around these boards from time to time to share some of the knowledge I have gained over the years we have been selling on ebay.

I have to say that a large part of that knowledge has come from the experienced regulars on here such as your good self. Apart from the sheer experiences we have had along the way.

But... you don't quite get rid of me quite that easy. Actually, truth be known, I'd rather keep on selling but if its not economically viable to do so we will be forced to close up shops. The way its trending now its looking like the end of the year would be about the wrap-up.

Smiley Happy glad to hear you'll still be around, it's sad so many of the regulars are disappearing.  I'm at the point where I'm questioning if it's even worth having the Basic Store it's so quiet . . . . . .

sad-crying-smiley-face.gif

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

I thought about opening a store, but only my low feedback account is really doing anything, and even then it's not much. One account received a monthly invoice for $0.00 and the other $2 something. My low fb account was about $12. I lost TRS on my second account in December. I'm not surprised, I'd had no sales on that account for 3 months. I can't justify store fees for no sales.

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply