I REPORTED A BAD SELLER FOR SELLING SOCKS WHICH OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON THEM. IS THIS ALLOWED? IF SO I

I THINK THIS IS DISGUSTING AND A VERY LOW ACT. I DONT WANT TO SEE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE ON ITEMS WHILE IM BROWSING TO BUY THINGS ON EBAY. I REPORTED THIS MATTER ALREADY ONCE BEFORE AND THE PERSON SAID IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO FIX THE PROBLEM BUT IT WAS A WHILE BACK I REPORTED THIS MATTER. NO SELLER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SELL SOCKS ON EBAY WITH OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON THEM. THERE ARE SOME PPL WHO FIND OFFENSIVE F WORDS EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE AND I AM ONE OF THOSE PPL. THIS SHOULD BE HIGHLY ILLEGAL THIS MATTER. 

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO BROWSE SOCKS AND SEE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE ON THEM?

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

IS A SELLER ALLOWED TO SELL ITEMS THAT HAVE WRITTEN ON THEM OFFENSIVE F WORDS?

@padi

it's got hollow plastic balls

might have to get myself some of them in February Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
sorry folks, just my sick sense of humour at play here.  Some will get it and laugh (I hope)
Message 31 of 75
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Is this a joke?

I have to ask, because your entire premise is that "things I don't like shouldn't be allowed", and then went on to insinuate if someone does like something you don't, they are not in their right mind?

I feel like your username and post content is a troll set-up.

Most seniors don't use "PPL", either. Not any of the ones I know, anyways.

If you're genuine, and have a better justification than "I don't like it blech"  then I'll contemplate providing a more considered reply. 

I have a friend (baby boomer like me) who refers to people as 'peeps' on FB.  It makes me cringe.

I don't like it...and it definitely shouldn't be allowed. Smiley LOL

Message 32 of 75
Latest reply

91pE-BcH-6L._SX355_.jpg

Message 33 of 75
Latest reply

I have a friend (baby boomer like me) who refers to people as 'peeps' on FB.  It makes me cringe.

I don't like it...and it definitely shouldn't be allowed. Smiley LOL

Hahahaha   I use 'peeps' (as a word, not what bear put up)

Facebook is the thing that makes me cringe.

Message 34 of 75
Latest reply

All we are saying

Is give Peeps a chance 

Message 35 of 75
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@padi

it's got hollow plastic balls

might have to get myself some of them in February Smiley Very Happy

You might have to get some baggy pants slr - they're 10" diameter balls...............true.gif

Spoiler
............I'll save you a couple anyway.................
Spoiler
Ya could start a whole new fashion trend though.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 36 of 75
Latest reply

i have to say i am immensely impressed by countessa's post because (and please don't get offended other peepsSmiley Wink (first time I've used the term in my life)) Countessa is the only person who actually answered the relevant question. It really doesn't matter two hoots who does or does not get offended by swear words, per se. Only thing that matters here is ebay's rules & regulations about it.

The question was-Is the selling of socks with offensive words on them allowed on ebay?

I am glad the countessa did the research because when i read the opening post, I must admit I did wonder too, as I know some terms & items eg nazi, I think, from memory? can be a bit iffy.

And it seems that the OP did have a point and if the words were large as life in the ad, then the ad is against current ebay rules & policies.

Of course, the main pity of it is that ladygamer obviously thought she was on the celestial line direct to ebay so she feels she has 'reported it'.  What she should have done is what our marvellously thorough countessa did. Looked up the regulations, complained to ebay directly about the ad if it broke those regulations. *Sigh* Life is so full of disappointments for many newbies who post here. I'm sure they wonder for years why no ebay rep ever got back to them.Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 75
Latest reply

All true, I just found it difficult to take the post seriously, particularly when I got to the statement "this should be highly illegal", and then even moreso at the "who in their right mind" bit, which can easily be offensive itself - one of these things is just a word, only given meaning by the people who interpret it and therefore any and all offence ascribed to it is done by the individual, and the other is a deliberate, insulting judgement, and I know which I would rather support appearing on this site, personally. 

PS @countess - James Acaster is a treasure, his Repertoire comedy special was one of the best I've seen in years, absolutely love his appearances on shows like Mock the Week, too.  

Message 38 of 75
Latest reply

I wonder if there is a big market for 'lady bonnets' ?
Message 39 of 75
Latest reply

OFFENSIVE F WORDS ON SOCKS BEING SOLD IN MY OPINION IS VERY LOW AND DISGUSTING. WHY SHOULD OLD PPL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SEEING VULGAR LANGUAGE WRITTEN ON SOCKS WHEN THEY ARE SEARCHING TO BUY ?

Message 40 of 75
Latest reply