I need to leave negative feedback for a buyer who has decided they do not want my item

How do I leave negative feedback? When I go to the item I sold and press on "leave feedbac" it only gives me the option of clicking on "positive" or "leave feedback later". How do I leave negative feedback for a buyer who decided after 2 weeks that he no longer wants the item he purchased from me?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: I need to leave negative feedback for a buyer who has decided they do not want my item

I hereby acknowledge that the above posters have been very helpful

with their answers and I am grateful for their knowledge about all things

ebay

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Re: I need to leave negative feedback for a buyer who has decided they do not want my item

but you like me the bestest, right?

LOLOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@my*mum wrote:

but you like me the bestest, right?

LOLOL

:heart:  

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Having had the same problem, and reading through this forum I decided to leave the "positive" feedback but write something vaguely negative as a warning to others.

Then I read past the first few positive feedbacks and found all the rest had the same experience that I have had. Buying, not paying, not responding to emails etc. ALL NEGATIVE (and still on her feedback page for all to see). Wish I had been more harsh now.

I was dupped by the number of positive"+" signs on her feedaback page, I should have read more than the first few lines.

PS I am not a novice ebayer so feel quite foolish.

I do have a question about what I could have done if I had realised that my winner was so unreliable, is reporting the transaction the only thing I can do?

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

I've done the same thing, but unfortunately a lot of people only look at the green + symbol and assume it's all good.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

Which is why it's better to just give them a strike and no feedback.

if the buyer cared, they could get the negative comments removed and the green dots would remain.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

It seem that eBay is geared to looking after the buyer and not the seller.

The funny thing is that with no sellers there is no eBay...

There needs to be an automatic negative feedback mechanism that eBay controls for buyers who keep skipping out on actually paying for an item. If the Buyer has been recorded as having done this 3 times, then an automatic -1 from eBay could theoretically be added to the buyer's feedback with an explanation.

This way it would keep sellers from leaving negative feedback (which is what eBay wants), but also keeps buyers in check - only genuine buyers would then commit to bidding.

I have had at least 3 buyers do this to me in the last month and the excuses vary from the acceptable to the extraordinary. 

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Do you block those with 2 or more strikes?

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

Don't you think though that it is unfair that as a seller I am mindful of the possibility of ruining my perfect feedback score which clearly is not the case with shonky buyers? I find this grossly unfair.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

This is blatant discrimination by EBAY against quality sellers who pay their way... who is responsible for this stupid & totally wrong decision ? 

Right the wrong ...I am $400 out of pocket and Ebay do sweet FA !

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply