Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

1) Does your account currently qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

Yes, it qualifies for the current weekend listing promotion.

No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Did it previously qualify for the promotion before?

Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

No, it has never qualifed for the past weekend promotion.

3) When was the last time this account was used for selling (approximate)?

It is currently actively selling

The last selling activity was 1 month ago

The last selling activity was 3 months ago

The last selling activity was 6 months ago

The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) What is the registration date (year) of that account?

XXXX

If you have multiple accounts, please separate.

I'll begin:

Account No. 1

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was 1 month ago

4) 2012

Account No. 2

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) 2015

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

The only time I ever looked at Whirlpool was years ago and all I saw was people whinging , no discussion at all. I thought the name whirlpool was appropriate because people were just trying to stir others up and suck them in, much like some of the worst whinge threads here where misery wants company.
Message 31 of 50
Latest reply

"Ahhhh, so it is all about washing machines. I KNEW it!"

yes correct, even washing machines are discussed at the whirlpool forums .. there are topics there dedicated to ebay too .. I do not post there but occassionally read some of the topics etc .. 

Message 32 of 50
Latest reply

@thegaminggamer wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Regardless of the success or failure of this post, I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique".

That is a bit unfair, don’t you think?

I understand that some members take issue with some posters, but to now class all regulars as being in this so called “Nasty Clique” is an overreaction.

Apologies, my post written in haste. I meant to say the nasty regulars of this forum will hereby be known as the "nasty clique". If you're not a nasty regular that dogpiles on newbies with your fellow nasty clique, then I am not referring to you. The nasty clique knows who they are. I didn't even make up this term so obviously I'm not the only one that noticed this behaviour. Again, I won't be responding to users who have 8.000+ posts as they are obviously invested in their status here (financially or otherwise) so doing so would be a waste of time. I bring up Whirlpool because I am convinced that one of you used to regularly post there in a similarly nasty manner (helping people with contempt) years ago and the reason why you stopped posting there is that Whirlpool was getting sick of your behaviour so you were driven off. They had 10,000+ posts, the majority in eBay related threads.

thank you for the clarification . . . . . but I still think that the use of the “nasty clique” terminology is unnecessary and not productive.

The constant innuendo through bringing that up when replying to various members leaves those (and other) members wondering if they are in the clique or out of the clique.  My response in the past to these sorts of unsubstantiated claims has been one of “put up or shut up” and it never ceases to amaze me that the ‘loudest’ posters are the ‘quietest’ when asked to name the so called members of this mythical clique.

Then you confuse things further by introducing the number of posts criteria.  Not sure what financial investment members members might have in their status as nobody gets paid for posting here.

Message 33 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

Lyndal by your own admission you do not sell on ebay ever so am curious why you spend so much time on the ebay selling discussion board ..

Members do not have to be sellers to come to the boards....sometime common sense goes a long way towards a useful answer.

I see a lot of hostility and arguing from you but little else .. I  do not see this as contributing but as some kind of oppositional defiance disorder .. perhaps you could explain why you are here all the time arguing with people and kudoing aggressive posters in a very clique like and self congratulatory manner ..

Hostility and arguing???  Please show me where I have been hostile....maybe I just don't say what you want to hear?

I kudo posts that I agree with as is my right.....I am sorry if you don't agree with me or other posters.

It is none of your business why I spend a lot of time here but to satisfy your curiosity I am well past retirement age and have time to spare to do what I like.

AS for your comments about whirlpool they are totally off the mark .. whirlpool forums are a consumer discussion area where consumer products and services of all types are rated by people ..

Are my remarks about Whirlool so far off the mark?  It was you who has been trying to work out who on these boards has been posting there....you say there are a lot of similarities in posting style.

Like I don't want to spoil anyones "fun" but do take objection when I see people being crowd mugged and treated biilligerantly by others .. perhaps I am missing something as am not here 24/7 to read every post but the level of aggression exhibited on these sellers boards between members does seem a bit inappropriate ..

Maybe you should spend some time here reading the boards......you may begin to understand who the trouble makers are here.

It is certainly not the regular posters or they would have been removed by the Moderators long ago.

Message 34 of 50
Latest reply

Just wondering what qualifications you have to run and interpret a survey.  what algorithms or other scientific/mathematic functions are going to be utilised to analyse  any specific data you might garnish.  Do you have any current data or any other methods for comparison or analysis.

Message 35 of 50
Latest reply

The Super Sundays (which later became the $1 weekends) ran for a while, stopped, and then ran continuously from 3rd June to the last weekend in May this year.  That's exactly 1 year so ebay may have decided to finish them.

We actually got several additional unlimited listing promos in April and May, but they were full FVF ones.

Is it any wonder if eBay decided to end them? After all we have posters here who had hundreds of listings using the promos, but hadn't sold anything for months. If  the survey is an indication, percentage-wise, that is a lot of server space being used unproductively. Which eBay has to pay for.

Message 36 of 50
Latest reply

One for Lyndal...... No  Peeking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

Message 37 of 50
Latest reply

"I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique"."

I have to say it is not hard to come to that same conclusion .. my thought is also that anyone with resilience enough to stay on these boards posting thousands of times should be treated with suspicion .. lol .. I think that most people haven't got the stomach to post here often due to the extreme levels of aggression and are just quickly scared off by a lot of the regulars as unless they toe the line are clearly systemattically ridiculed, derided and embarrassed or ignored and basically crowd mugged .. sometimes on their very first post here and it seems like most of the "regulars" on this discussion board are reading from the same playbook and are in unanimous agreement .. like a cult ..

In my opinion it is best to take the whole thing with a grain of salt and get on with other stuff .. occasionally there are a few pearls of wisdom to be found here amongst all the noise and anger ..  for the mostpart it would appear that social media of all types is unpleasant and best avoided so as to retain sanity and equilibrium .. many have suicided over social media aggression and trolling as you no doubt realise so for sensitive types is absolutely toxic .. not saying sensitive is bad .. I prefer sensitive people to aggressive people but we are a dieing breed in this new world which rewards winning at any cost over what is right or ethical .. take care people .. 

Message 38 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

"I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique"."

I have to say it is not hard to come to that same conclusion .. my thought is also that anyone with resilience enough to stay on these boards posting thousands of times should be treated with suspicion .. lol .. I think that most people haven't got the stomach to post here often due to the extreme levels of aggression and are just quickly scared off by a lot of the regulars as unless they toe the line are clearly systemattically ridiculed, derided and embarrassed or ignored and basically crowd mugged .. sometimes on their very first post here and it seems like most of the "regulars" on this discussion board are reading from the same playbook and are in unanimous agreement .. like a cult ..

In my opinion it is best to take the whole thing with a grain of salt and get on with other stuff .. occasionally there are a few pearls of wisdom to be found here amongst all the noise and anger ..  for the mostpart it would appear that social media of all types is unpleasant and best avoided so as to retain sanity and equilibrium .. many have suicided over social media aggression and trolling as you no doubt realise so for sensitive types is absolutely toxic .. not saying sensitive is bad .. I prefer sensitive people to aggressive people but we are a dieing breed in this new world which rewards winning at any cost over what is right or ethical .. take care people .. 

Don't  tell me  -  you peeked

Message 39 of 50
Latest reply

"Don't  tell me  -  you peeked?"

yes chukky was there .. how did you know?

Message 40 of 50
Latest reply