Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi,

I always leave feedback when buyers pay for the item. When I post the items I always track them to make sure they get delivered. Just recently  the last 4 items I sold in particular  not one of the buyers have left me feedback. Why? Are they lazy or only want to receive and not give back

Does no one give a damn , For me its  courteous to say thanks received item.....

Should I send a message and say Hey saw the item was delievered hope your happy? Please leave feedback or should I forget about it and come to realisation no one has manners anymore

Its probably no one has manners -

Is everyone  looking for a cheap bargain for example

I had an item for sale last week 79.90 Buy It Now + 8.60 postage.

I received a msg will you accept $50. I answered No.

The next msg was whats your best price which I replied $79.90 + postage & I dont have make an offer on the item

Next msg was would your accept $65  - so I answered I would meet them half way $72 + 8.60 postage

Next msg $72 with free postage - I ended  the item - this person drove me to the edge, Im all for fair offers but some are ridiculous. Thanks to that buyer  I am having a total break from selling I have ended all my items

Ebay selling is perhaps not for me anymore,  I will continue to buy and leave feedback for the sellers. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Why wont buyers leave feedback?

@countessalmirena wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

Christ healed ten lepers and only one thanked him. Can you really expect to do better than that?

From now on, I will reference the Proportion of Grateful Healed Lepers (PGHL) principle when it comes to any questions regarding feedback. g_lol.gif

Actually, on the other E site, most sellers I've seen only get about 10% leave feedback (or less), so the PGHL principle is about right.  Sellers don't leave feedback (a review) there, only buyers, and it's just a rating of 1 to 5 and a comment, but many don't leave a comment.

I don't know whether people can even leave feedback for sellers if they pay as a guest.  I've noticed a few people have a normal ebay account but often pay as a guest instead.

I used to get about 75% leave feedback but on another account where I sold an entirely different product it was more like 20% or 30%, so what you sell does make a difference.  I've noticed in the last couple of years that a lot less are leaving feedback for me so people definitely have 'feedback fatigue' as someone mentioned.  Out of my first 50 transactions in June, only 21 left feedback, but a couple of years ago it would have been between 30 & 35.  I don't bother leaving it for some sellers but I always make an effort for the ones who send a personal message.

Message 31 of 56
Latest reply

People just want to buy, receive their goods and then get on with their lives. They don't want to feel obliged to tell the world about it.

This is spot on. I leave feedback for all my buyers or very nearly all of them.

Some of them return the favour, some do not. That's fine. No news is often good news.

I know from my own experiences using online services, that whenever you buy something from a company, they are always pestering you to complete surveys, leave ratings, etc.

I hardly ever do it, am not in the habit of patting people on the head just for doing their job..

However, when I buy from eBay sellers, I always leave feedback for them.

Message 32 of 56
Latest reply

why do you bother with feedback??? Ebays feedback system is useless its all one sided and means nothing to sellers as buyers only can get 100% glowing feedback. I never bother with feedback at all unless a buyer give me feedback ill just do it back. If a seller wrote to me to give them feedback would be a big put off
Message 33 of 56
Latest reply

You may be interested in these:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/accepted-payments-policy?id=4269

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/payments-surcharge-policy?id=4380

Not allowed:

• Discouraging buyers from using any payment method the seller specified in the listing (see also our Payment surcharges policy)
  • Discouraging buyers from using eBay's accepted payment methods

Message 34 of 56
Latest reply

Feedback means the world to a new seller lol,with the 21 days hold on funds and selling limits until the seller has astablished themselves.

Message 35 of 56
Latest reply

Since when has the postage fee gone up to 12%?

Message 36 of 56
Latest reply

Sometimes buyers new to Ebay don't understand the system.  We quite often receive messages that the buyer is very happy with their purchase, however they appear to assume that they have left feedback.

Message 37 of 56
Latest reply

When I buy , I leave feedback when I check things out, after receiving them , but have noticed that some sellers don't bother to leave it back.

As a seller, I will only leave feedback to my buyers after they have left feedback or have let me know through msg.

I do check to see if they do leave feedback , most don't at all. If you don't here from them, you know all is well.

Remember if you buy from a website, mostly there is no feedback. Alrhough I do let the people know I have received and am happy.

Do not ask them to leave it. They must be satisfied.

Message 38 of 56
Latest reply

As a seller, I just turned on automatic feedback and stopped worrying about it. I'd rather spend the time on other things.

As a buyer I always leave feedback if it's positive. I only leave negs if the seller really dererves it, like if they were deliberately dishonest.

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply

@purplemon18 wrote:

As a seller, I just turned on automatic feedback and stopped worrying about it. I'd rather spend the time on other things.

As a buyer I always leave feedback if it's positive. I only leave negs if the seller really dererves it, like if they were deliberately dishonest.

I also have auto feedback set up for my buyers, but as a seller, rarely check feedback left by my buyers. If I do it is only to see if there is any neuts or negs. I occasionally read a few just to check that my systems are still working, but most feedback never gets read.

When I buy stuff I rarely leave feedback. I just view ebay as another form of online shopping. I buy stuff, pay for it, the seller sends it job done. I havny got time for all the other fluff.

I suspect feedback is more of a chick thing. Woman seem to be more in tune with all of this touchy feely stuff. Most middle aged blokes just dont care about the affimation thing. ( unless something goes wrong......Man Very Happy    ) Basically I,m already doing the best I can with the time available and have very few problems. If thats not good enough for some impatient buyer .............tuff.

Message 40 of 56
Latest reply