has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales now

I sell on another id and have been a seller for 10 years and have experienced a huge downturn from $500 to $800 a week to now zero this week, buyers are scarce even watchers, ebay is useless in finding why, just says sellers are dependant on buyers-what if they have dissapeared like here? I am only giving it another few weeks to show something is happening beyond my control & will not have any money to pay ebay for my store and listers, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 187
Latest reply
186 REPLIES 186

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

I ran three auctions this month on items I couldn't value accurately and all three went beyond my expectation. One last night had 57 watchers and attracted 40 bids.

I should of used the Gumtree - Post to eBay FREE link which has no FVF, but forgot about it.. handy for 2 listings a month on higher value goods.
Message 181 of 187
Latest reply

Re: has anybody else having a sales crash in oz ebay since the new year and experiencing no sales no

@chameleon54 wrote:

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

You mean the ones where you get something for virtually nothing?

Maybe people have woken up and now have the ability to find what their items are worth before they sell them?

And how does your contention relate to a complaint from THREE and a half years ago? And the fact that you've only ever sold 3 items.

depends on what you are sending to auction I have people paying more at auction than my buy now listings that are also up for the same products.    Go figure 

I still run a few auctions now and again and I even pay the $3.30 listing fee for the privilege. I had two auctions finish around a week ago and both achieved very good prices. One auction recieved 6 bids, the other 15 bids. Auctions still have a place on ebay.

My items sell better at auction. Most of the time I only get one bid. When I changed everything to BIN I rarely sold anything. Given I mostly only get one bid, I'm happy to end the auction early if the buyer requests.

Message 182 of 187
Latest reply

Ebay has totally died now, I was selling heaps in 2019 but since they changed buy it now listings to 30 days and added the 30% required for buy it now, it has just died. I have tried again by listing items the last three weeks and nothing, very few views and no sales.

I think the hundreds of chinese listings are putting people off, even if you select your own country listings the chinese listings still appear, it's quite annoying page after page.

This is my last week on ebay, if my items dont sell, I'll stick with reliable facebook.  

Message 183 of 187
Latest reply

I was selling heaps in 2019 

So this thread from 2017 isn't really relevant, is it?

Message 184 of 187
Latest reply

2019BC

Spoiler
Before Covid
Spoiler
Yep, things are exactly the same now
Message 185 of 187
Latest reply

No sales in 60 or so days and one selling feedback in a year.  eBay won't miss you.

Message 186 of 187
Latest reply

I am in the same position

It is soul destroying

Message 187 of 187
Latest reply