why do you hold my funds for up to 21 days now?

i have never been so furious at a website in my life.

the seller has bought AND payed for the item, yet i cannot access it because EBAY and PAYPAL are holding my money for no good reason! i have sold three items recently and have had to message the buyers saying that i cannot SHIP their item BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO DO SO. 

i dont get who the hell started this STUPID policy, but i expect you to change it immediately. it has to be illegal taking people's rightful money and keepinging it for yourself.

ebay epects me to sell another 19 items before they can 'trust' me enough to give me my money. I DONT HAVE 19 THINGS TO SELL!

i expect these payments, summing up to around 130$ to be released immediatley or i will not sell on ebay every again. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: why do you hold my funds for up to 21 days now?

quote  ebay policy a part of it

"

• Cleared payment – If you're using a payment method such as a bank transfer, where the money isn't available to the seller immediately, the seller may wait until the payment is in their account before they send your item"

if you have trouble reading it says the seller can wait until the funds are availible to the seller'

funds pending are not availible to the seller unless you have a magic way to access those funds to pay bills.

with holding for 21 days shipping is not against policy.

Message 61 of 90
Latest reply

...such as a bank transfer...

Where the buyer can theoretically cancel the payment.

Which is not the case with Paypal where the buyer cannot access the funds or cancel the payment.

Apples and oranges.

Message 62 of 90
Latest reply

You don't seem to take much notice of august members of the boards, and prefer to go on you own merry way.

But I fear that your selling career is very likely to come to a crashing halt if you continue to do that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 63 of 90
Latest reply

I know i am anoyed also. I have sold 3 items. They have been sent. Ive received positive feedback from buyers and they still havent realeased funds and to top it off they were supposed to reimburse me $15 postage fee from a dodgy sale but instead they have debited $15 from account. Try and do live chat and it says we will be with you in less than a minute. 20 minutes later and still waiting. This is B.S who and how can you lodge a complaint too
Message 64 of 90
Latest reply

I've had some funds released instantly, and some funds held even after i have received pos feedback from the buyers.

Ebay in their wisdom, will not, or can not explain to my satifaction as to why some fund are released and some are held.

Message 65 of 90
Latest reply

ebay only care about receiving fees   making a profit    doing everything to make the buyers happy     it's quite simple...the more buyers..  the more  sales...  the more profit ebay and paypal make.

That;s why everything favours the buyers...

now wait for it..  the regulars who will respond and say im an idiot for saying this..lol

Message 66 of 90
Latest reply

Well guess what you're absolutely correct ebay does favour the buyers not disagreeing with u on that lol

Being sarcastic doesn't get you any brownie points.

Message 67 of 90
Latest reply

our2009
Community Member

I have sold 8 items in the last month or so ALL with tracking, fast postage and positive feedback (in fact a 100% feedback history) AND I still have to wait 21 days for every item! 

eBay sucks! I'm using Gumtree (until that changes I guess)!

Message 68 of 90
Latest reply

If you use eBay labels, the funds will automatically release 3 days after tracking shows as delivered. If you don't use eBay labels, you need to ring PayPal, have your tracking numbers in front of you and they will release the funds while you are on the phone. I know it's a pain to have to ring them, but it's the only way to do it if you don't use eBay labels.

As for Gumtree, good luck with that one. Nothing but a bunch of tyre kickers.

Message 69 of 90
Latest reply

Ebay own Gumtree BTW.

Message 70 of 90
Latest reply