eBay mobile app won't work anymore

Hi, eBay has sent a message to say that the current eBay app is being retired this month. I have tried to use the app on my phone but keep getting the message that I need to upgrade the app, when I try to do this I get the message that my device does not support this app. I can access eBay via a web site only.

Has this happened to everyone?

thanks!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: eBay mobile app won't work anymore

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The app has never been particularly successful.

Many members will be glad to see it gone.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Still it was better than having nothing! What if you don't have a PC and rely on your phone? Not happy.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

You can still use your phone, just not the app.

Go to the full ebay site via your browser.

I think someone said it was called classic?

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

Yep, same problem. I contacted EBAY customer support which should be renamed to customer no support as I was told use your browser and all will be ok. Why even bother making an app available for this company if they know it wont work with your account!!

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

It has only ever, at best, worked poorly.

Like the cart. EVERY other online site managed to close-to-perfect the cart years ago. eBay still haven't worked it out.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

I went to my eBay app on my iPad today and it not longer worked, I deleted and now can't reload it to my iPad, am I the only one having issues

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

I can’t use my app on my phone and it won’t even go to eBay if I click on something in google??? Just won’t take me there??? Very frustrating 😡
Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

Has everyone reported it to eBay?

There seems to be complaints about it all the time but if it's not getting reported they can't/wont fix it.tease.gif

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

I haven't.

But I don't use it. The full site is hard enough to use, without trying to use something that eBay obviously used 4 year olds to develop. A 5 year old would have definitely done a better job...

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply