Autumn 2018 Seller Update

Hi everyone,

This is the place to post your questions and comments about our Autumn 2018 Seller Update.

Regards,

The eBay for business team

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Autumn 2018 Seller Update

Is there a firm policy on the planned automatic acceptance of Not As Described cases yet? I really hope it won't be automatic for most cases. It would be nice to see exactly what qualifies for such policy to trigger.

Message 31 of 57
Latest reply

So does this mean as sellers we can charge ebay a fee when they turn the light off in out stores?
All too often most sellers at some stage have their listing not showing

All too often glitches cause buyers not being able to pay thus losing the sale

All too often ebay refund the buyer when they damage an item knowing that is the best way for a refund and seller have to wear it

Seller put up with so blasted much to please buyers then still cop negs and forced to refund causing the loss of income.

ebay approve scammers and make them think it is ok to rip off sellers as they are the protected ones via MBG carp when a refund should never have been okayed without contacting the seller first.
buyers are advised to contact sellers when there is an issue BUT ebay never contact us first before tey auto refund.

So can we now as sellers charge a fee or reduce our fees by a set % when ebay do the wrong thing by sellers as that's what they want to do to us ?????

Message 32 of 57
Latest reply

You can actually get compensation from ebay for glitches that you can prove. I have got compensated by ebay for the following before:

- Could not list when there was no sanction against me.

- Good Til Cancelled listings were ended with no reason and no notification

- Mistakenly banned for giving contact info when there was none

In each of the above I rang ebay and sorted out the issue first. When the cause of the issue was clear, i.e. ebay stuffed up and admitted it, then I asked for a compensation. The compensation ranged from a $10 voucher to $50 direct credit to my ebay account. They claimed $50 is their maximum allowable compensation.

Message 33 of 57
Latest reply

How does one prove they turn the lights off on the store?

I have done searches for my own items and they do not show.

Message 34 of 57
Latest reply

When they ended my Good Til Cancelled items without notice I did not know that they ended them, I thought they just disappeared. But I had sold some of these items before, so I had the item numbers in my Sold list. The first time I rang I gave them these numbers and asked them where my listings were, the customer service found them right away in the Unsold list and she could see that I did not end them. She did not know why they were ended and said she'd escalate them to their technical team. I heard nothing back and I found more delisted listings from the Unsold list so I rang back a couple of days later. This time the customer service knew exactly what happened: I put "Does Not Apply" in the ebay's official mandatory UPC (the one above the images) field and added a UPC field of my own (under the images) and the multi million mega company's computer system couldn't handle it.

Yes, I did something unusual, but the bottom line is if they end my listings they should notify me. That glitch was worth only a $10 voucher. 

Message 35 of 57
Latest reply

If 'below standard' sellers have to pay 2% more, perhaps 'top-rated' selllers should pay 2% less (hope I made you laugh!).

Message 36 of 57
Latest reply

I see they were really interested in what sellers have to say

Again (rather like last time)

Message 37 of 57
Latest reply

roflmao.gif

Message 38 of 57
Latest reply

It's a **bleep**ed joke slugging 2% on sellers
DO NOT SELL ANY MORE put our point across to then
It's trying to make more money from the seller eBay has become very greedy
Message 39 of 57
Latest reply

It will not affect you if you don't fall below standard.

Your recent feedback is all good so why worry unless you start getting bad feedback and low stars?

Message 40 of 57
Latest reply