Aust Post complaint again

What are they thinking just a major rip off I would say .

Posting out today 17 Aust Post satchels only to learn we no  longer get a lodgement reciept only get the little sticker on the satchel so how the heck are we to know what tracking number belongs to what stupid, said this to the girl behind the desk was informed they scan it then it goes into the system .

Thats well and good for them .

I for one do not trust there scanning system I wrote  few months back had posted a reg insured item it never arrived and it never showed up on the website .I did get my money back because I did have proof.,but even then it took 6 weeks .

Aust Post needs to wake up .

If we have something go missing we have to prove it .

Its about time Aust Post workers have to have police checks yes I am serious they handle 100s of  $ worth of goods a day .

Where is our protection from them seems to be getting less and less .

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Aust Post complaint again

Your dear old PM needs to retire. AP outlets, regardless of their status, get paid to scan C&S. It's only a few cents, but it adds up. Especially when the staff would be standing there twiddling their thumbs otherwise

My PO will scan all my parcels, no problem, but when C&S dropped out a few days ago but I still needed to get the item into the post, I opted for regular over the counter posting, I mentioned to my postmaster that C&S was down,  he smiled and said "Oh good, wish it would happen more often"   assuming they get paid nothing for the service.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 21 of 63
Latest reply

Does it really matter as you have no Paypal protection with regular small parcels, red and express satchels anyway unless you pay for SOD.

Why not use click & send then you know exactly where you are?

Regular small parcels have the postcode on the receipt (when the proper button is used by AP staff) which is all you need for proof of posting and a stat dec confirms the address to which the item was sent.

I have used regular receipts to prove postage before PJ.

They have the buyers postcode and the date the item was sent which are minimum requirements for paypal seller protection policy coverage

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 22 of 63
Latest reply

Thanks for your feedback around our new parcel lodgement process, I’m very sorry to hear that it’s caused some inconvenience.  

Parcels will receive a lodgement scan when lodged over the counter as your proof of postage. My suggestion, if lodging multiple items at a time without a lodgement receipt would be to keep a record of the tracking number and the customer it relates to, in a diary to help you differentiate between orders.

Please note that any additional services like a Signature on Delivery will be issued with a new label and tracking number. Any previous tracking numbers assigned to the item should be disregarded.

I would like to assure you that the integrity and security of the mail is our highest priority. We have a range of revenue protection measures in place to prevent and detect incidents in which mail security is breached. We take these incidents very seriously and will continue to work closely with the Director of Public Prosecutions on any investigations

Kind Regards,

Melanie W.

Australia Post

quote above from  Jun 4, 2013 02:18 PM

left hand is not sure what the right hand is doing?????????

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Selling/Signature-Delivery-Worth/600159214

post 57 from the thread link above May 24, 2013 11:26 AM

Hi all,

So in summary (as there still appears to be some misunderstanding going on) the Signature on Delivery service will capture a signature on delivery for the article, wether the item was delivered at the address or collected from a Post Office. We will not send you a hard copy or email of the signature unless you specifically request it by contacting us through our email or phone channels.

If this has not occurred, please contact us so we can follow up. Compensation will be assessed after an enquiry has been lodged.

The article in your example should not have received a second barcode viewmont1071 so it is disappointing to see that this has happened.

So we can address this with the relevant staff and ensure feedback is passed on, please contact us via our website here http://auspo.st/17VvD1L

Hello testing, testing   😐 "I am so sorry thus has happened to you AP"

So......... is Roxy or Melanie right?????

Do all items that have SOD added recieve a new tracking code and senders should disregard the original tracking number????

FFS......... If AP's customer service staff can't decide then what chance do us lowly customers have ????

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 23 of 63
Latest reply

and what about the unlucky AP contractor or AP counter employee

....... which barcode do they scan ??????

when a package has more "Baaa Codes" than a paddock full of double agent counter espionage sheep 😐

Message 24 of 63
Latest reply

Hi All,

I would like to clarify that post office staff are obliged to scan all parcels, including Click and Send parcels upon lodgement at the post office. I’m very sorry to hear if that has not been the case.

Any staff that refuse to do so should be contacting our Click and Send Department on 1300 662 710 who will advise them to scan that for you. You can also contact us on 13POST or via the Contact Us form below so that we can investigate further with the post office staff involved to ensure correct procedures are being followed. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

http://auspo.st/17VvD1L

I’m very sorry if any confusion has been caused in regards to tracking information provided for parcels. I would like to help with some more information. For Pre-Paid products, if new optional extras are purchased at the post office; then a new sticker will be added with a new tracking number. This would replace any previous tracking number.

However, when items are lodged through Click and Send with all optional extras like Signature on Delivery that you require, then only one tracking number should be issued. There is no need for staff to add another Signature on Delivery sticker to your item upon lodgement in this case.

If you are experiencing any problems then I kindly ask that you contact our Click and Send Customer Service on 1300 662 710 so that they can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Melanie W.

eBay Store Manager

Australia Post

Message 25 of 63
Latest reply

Hi there,

I have one username with over 4000 transactions and a new one with 87. I had the same problem as you & asked the Post Ladies to just write the postcodes next to each number on the receipt,which they very kindly do-all except one guy who said he didn't have time when there was only one other customer waiting.It took me longer to do it before he could take the parcels to be posted as he had to wait for me to find a pen,turn the parcels around,etc there were only 2-3 parcels at the time.Work that one out!!!

I rang Auspost on 131318 & kindly told the I was very pleased about the new tracking of parcels & also explained my situation that how are we as sellers to know which tracking numbers to mention if the item goes missing?

I honestly dont think they had even thought about this problem for eBay Sellers when they decided to track all parcels.And here was me thinking they were doing it to help the customer--SILLY ME:)

The person agreed that the post workers should be willing to write the postcodes down next to each tracking number when we are served. I said that maybe I should not go to the counter where this bloke is there and he agreed. I still have not got the guts up yet to let the next customer go to him instead of me. Honestly, some act as If they do not want to please the customer at all. What has happened to Customer Service---no wonder people are heading to eBay & leaving the shops.My advice is to also ring Auspost so that they accept that there is a problem & do something about it-even if its just to remind their workers that they are supposed to be providing a Service to us Customers.regards Joanne:)

Message 26 of 63
Latest reply

Hi Joanne,

We always aim to provide a best in class customer experience and I’m very sorry to hear about your experience with that particular post office staff member.

We take complaints very seriously and it’s very important that we have the opportunity to investigate further and take necessary action. I do hope that a complaint was formally made when you called and that the issue has been resolved.

If you do have any further problems, then please don’t hesitate to contact us again on 13POST or via the link below.

http://auspo.st/17VvD1L

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards,

Mel

Message 27 of 63
Latest reply

So just let me clarify something.

Australia Post specifies a postage price which if I pay, they agree to provide a service.

Now I'm wondering what exactly that service is.

In the past, I had thought that it was to deliver my letter/parcel to the addressee as written on the parcel. I mean it's kind of implied, isn't it?

But now it seems that to have some kind of guarantee that that service will be provided, it appears that I have to pay for an additional service -  signature on delivery as well. Is that correct?

Additionally, if that service is not conducted in an acceptable or reasonable manner resulting in either the damage or loss of my letter, that I have no recourse unless I also insure that item?

So, what exactly is the initial/standard/basic postage charge for? Hope? (A lot of Churches provide that for free). Someone with a gambling addiction? ("ooohhh, if I just pay the standard postage, I might get lucky")

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 28 of 63
Latest reply

Hi crikey*mate,

Our postage costs definitely cover delivery service from point A to point B. Our new product set introduced on 8 April also includes complimentary tracking for all parcels lodged over the counter for our customers.

We do offer optional extras like a Signature on Delivery and Extra Cover for customers who would prefer added security for important or valuable items. While cover isn’t included for items sent without Extra Cover, if anything does go wrong we can certainly investigate and refund postage costs if necessary.

For more information on our Optional Extras please visit our website via this link: http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/optional-extras-domestic.html

Kind Regards,

Mel

Message 29 of 63
Latest reply

Mel, thank you for your answer, but here's the thing, if I go to all of the trouble to package something up, address it and pay a postage amount for it, I promise you that it is important to me and of significant value, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

However, I do like that the old Registered Post option is now split into two offering a choice of cover options, even if when combined it is a bit more expensive than before. That was a nice thing to do.

And if and when the tracking becomes reliable and effective, I think that's a great justification for the price rise.

But let me acknowledge, I also understand that Australia Post is a business, and as such it is a given that the intention to operate a business is generally to make a profit, so no justification needed in those regards.

But I still just don't get the logic for the three different levels of postage - I mean even my healthcare cover guarantees they will cover me for the basic level of coverage/service if that's all I pay for, and I have to say, that when I post a letter, I do kind of expect that it be delivered to the addressee in a similar condition to that which I posted it within a reasonable time frame.

Good to see an AP presence on the boards addressing our queries/concerns too - that shows a heightened level of customer service.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 30 of 63
Latest reply