Bad seller not fair.

emalith
Community Member

Hello please advise me where to go on this. I have purchased 4 coins from a seller on Saturday.  I got them reasonably priced not cheap not expensive, they were bought as silver scrap as there not in very good condition.  He had 4 all seperate auctions and they went for just under $2 each bare in mind there worth max $4 ea for there silver content.  He had each one at $4 postage each so I just assumed he would combine like all small item sellers genrally offer. Well I had a feeling something was wrong straight away as I had to send several emails to get a response , well I got one today after again sending 2 more emails. 

Now this is simply not right 4 coins the size of 10 cent pieces that cost less $7 and he wants to charge me $16 postage $4 ea. really is this allowed that is just not right.  I mean all up there only worth$16 . Consider most other sellers charge between $0.60 - $1.50 for the same service.  Now I will pay just to leave 4 red dots as that is not on and should be stamped out. Sorry for venting but its just not fair. Thanks.

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Bad seller not fair.

do as you please no use beating a dead horse.

[removed]

Message 31 of 88
Latest reply

I thought you weren't coming back as you have already made up your mind you are going to ruin this sellers feedback.
Message 32 of 88
Latest reply

You do realise that the feedback will be removed? eBay feedback removal allows for removal of feedback due to expecting combined postage where non was offered in the listing. 

Message 33 of 88
Latest reply

Thats just a load of hog wash and you no it stop trying to justify the unjustifiable.  Its gonna happen and nothing you or anyone else can do about it .

Ity is my right as a unhappy buyer to leave feedback appropitate to my feelings and there pretty sad about the whole affair so guess what get over it its happening and it will stay as there is nothing wrong with what im doing and as long as the wording is appropriate it will stay. it has to its ebay policy.  Simply NOT HAPPY and R dot is all that will appear.  You all have contributed to to this hope your satisfied with yourselves. goodbye. 

------------------------------

No, we haven't contributed to your decision at all, that is hogwash.

You came on this forum angry & with a preconceived plan, all you wanted to do was be vindictive, is my guess.

Otherwise why not have made the thread on the buyers forum, with it worded more as a warning for buyers that all sellers didn't combine postage so to beware.

But no, you came on here with a "So there!" attitude and no matter what anyone said I don't think it would have made a difference.

Not one iota.

Whether the seller will be able to remove the red dot, no idea. Perhaps not. But since they had been prepared to cancel the transaction, it is a bit harsh, IMHO.

Still, I am not the seller, in fact I am not even A seller, and lots of other buyers give strange feedback so it is no concern of mine.

If the seller responds to your negatives & explains what happened, it would not turn me off as a buyer, if I were in the market for those items

But don't try to kid us you came on to hear opinions because you didn't. You came on to tell us what our opinion should be!Smiley Happy.

Message 34 of 88
Latest reply

It is issues like this that really highlight why Feedback is well past its use by date.  This seller will have his business damaged by a vindictive buyer with only a small hope of having the negatives removed by eBay.  In all likelihood eBay will consider the FB as "only the buyers opinion" and let it remain despite the fact that the seller has done nothing legally wrong, and the buyer has no justification for leaving them except for his incorrect preconceived ideas.  The buyer wonders why sellers and others here are upset, well its because it could just as easily happen to anyone of us, we are all open to FB abuse by vindicitive illinformed buyers with little protection or support offered from eBay.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 35 of 88
Latest reply

Added to the list 

Message 36 of 88
Latest reply

unfortunately no point adding to your list as the buyer is hiding under another ID to post here.
Message 37 of 88
Latest reply

This seller will have his business damaged by a vindictive buyer with only a small hope of having the negatives removed by eBay.

.Yes, that is great !….

This seller damages his own business by not combining postage (trying to profit on postage, which is in effect ..... RIPPING OFF THE BUYER ...

It is because of sellers like this that people are deserting ebay in droves

Ebay is becoming known as the rip-off site, with one main reason being sellers like this

IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY POSTS

Message 38 of 88
Latest reply

"It is because of sellers like this that people are deserting ebay in droves"

Yep that's why:

"eBay Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Results
Volume Accelerated to 21% for Full Year
Revenue Growth 14% for Full Year

Marketplaces gross merchandise volume (GMV) excluding vehicles grew 13% in both the fourth quarter and full year totaling $76.5 billion in 2013"

They keep losing sales like that they'll being knocking on your door for a loan any day now. 

The buyer was not ripped off, if he had inquired he could have made an informed decision and not bought if he thought the postage was too high.  The fact that there was little time left is immaterial.  Instead he took a punt and lost, and is now taking out his frustration on the seller.  A ripoff would be if the seller said they would discount or combine postage and then don't.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 39 of 88
Latest reply

Opinions aside the fact is, it's fee avoidance.

When a buyer gives a star rating of 1 or 2 to the question:

"How reasonable were the postage and handling charges ?" a box appears showing

'Why weren’t you satisfied  with the postage and handling charges ? Did the Seller"

5 options are there to choose from  with one of them being

"Combine multiple items into one box but charge for postage for each item  individually"

Message 40 of 88
Latest reply