What does postage time have anything to do with the seller?

Aust Post are late in their delivery of the items, as the result seller got low rating on their DSR.

So what is the logic in this?

I sent items as soon as I could which is usually within 12 hours from the time the payments arrived, yet in the DSR, I have a few 1 and 2 star on postage time.

Are we the seller being punished for the lapse done by others?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: What does postage time have anything to do with the seller?

ytwo000
Community Member

yep. ebays postage time rating on a seller is just utter.pure rubbish and just gets abused by buyers. remove it ebay !

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

perhaps if we said please?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

PLEASE Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

I do not mark as posted until I have physically taken it to the PO and handed it over . Tracking does not start until the bar code is franked so , if posted straight into a box, it will not happen until it goes through the sorting office. I have noticed that in the case of mail done through Ebay it gets marked off as posted immediately . I once bought something on a Sunday night and 30 mins later it was "posted" but the date on the item was marked 2 days later - when the seller took it into the post office.Once again - Ebay making life more difficult for sellers . Never use it myself and my parcels seem to arrive in good time. Have some who mark it down but think this is because they do not realise that postage time means AFTER they have paid, not before  - and some people take a few days or never to pay up.

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

Most times the stamp is not cancelled.

Don't get what you mean there.

Whether its a parcel or an envelope, it should be possible to see the franking stamp with the postage date on it.

Again, nope.

Envelope has a stamp.  A 60c stamp.  Not a franked item.

A lick it and stick it stamp.

And most times, no cancellation stamp.

In other words, if I could be bothered, I could re-use the stamp.

Cos it's not been cancelled by the P.O.

I always get un-franked stamps on my mail. I think if you hand mail over the counter at the PO they will usually cancel them. It's also against the law to reuse stamps.

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

@soaper2005 wrote:

PLEASE Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

now try it agaion, but with more feeling...

maybe in red - and bigger.

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

image.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

that's more like it

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

betty - if you send items in a AP red satchel, there is no postmark and no way of knowing when it was posted.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

Ah, but do you mark it as posted?

I get really annoyed at sellers who leave that little icon grey.

That's when I give low stars for postage and communication

----------------------

It annoys me too, but all the same, if an item is posted out quickly, I would still give the 5 stars. But I used to mark the communication way down.

I would agree some buyers mark postage time on how long it takes to arrive, not when it was posted. There's a simple reason for this. Some buyers just aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Some years ago my sister & I sold an item and got positive feedback but it said something like.

Good item but pity it didn't arrive till 14 days after auction.

My sister went in with a reply, to say that that was because payment was only received on day 11 after auction.

Honestly, did she expect us to post it before payment? Pigs might fly before my sister would have done that.Woman Very Happy

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply