Feedback

Hi,

I am just wondering why some sellers don't leave feedback for buyers until after the buyer has left feedback for them?

Message 1 of 133
Latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Re: Feedback

@2012happychap wrote:
I'm sorry at the moment I have other things to do, this subject was not as important as it seems to be to you

again it was my opinion when feedback should be left, so please respect that

I respect this is your opinion, but it is certianly not backed by ebay policy, which clearly states that feedback is VOLUNTARY. ie. sellers dont have to leave feedback at all if they dont feel like it, and it is entirely up to sellers when they chose to leave feedback. ( within the timeframe ebay allows ) As a seller I leave feedback after pos. has been left for me by buyers useing the auto feedback option noted by digital. It would be physically very time consuming and difficult to manually leave feedback for customers, so the auto thing suits me. By waiting untill they leave feedback I know they are happy and there should not be any other "extra" issues to sort out. Digital has given a good run down on the sort of problems sellers encounter after the items have been mailed and trust me some buyers can be complete horror stories. ( doesnt happen often thankfully )  You mention respect. I am sure if buyers showed the same "Respect" for sellers as you wish to recieve many of these problems would not occur.

Message 21 of 133
Latest reply

@2012happychap wrote:
I wasn't talking about consumer law, Well, you stated when the obligations of a party to a contract "should" be performed. Consequently I disagree. although that is quite a diverse subject. Is it? I had no idea.  I was talking about when I thought feedback was appropriate, you mean, voluntary feedback? if you wish to find out about consumer law, you sound smart enough to find that out for yourself Hmmm, I never thought to do that.

โ€œLet's start with a definition of a commercial transaction. A commercial transaction is essentially an agreement between two or more parties to enter into a commercial relationship that involves the exchange of items of value, either on a one-off basis (as in the case of a sale), or on an ongoing basis (as in the case of an investment in a business or a joint venture).

The relevant laws and legal issues will depend on a number of factors, Yes. Yes they will. including the jurisdiction in which the parties and the relevant assets are located, the nature and structure of the transaction, the commercial agreements governing the transaction and any legal, regulatory or procedural requirements that need to be satisfied in order to give effect to the transaction.โ€

โ€œsales agreement - an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer);โ€

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 22 of 133
Latest reply

the reality of life is that you can only control how you behave, I give respect, and I hope to get that in return, but I have no control over the way someone else behaves

and again It is simply my opinion on feedback, and to be honest I am flabbergasted at the way my opinion has been responded to, it seems to me that some people seem to have a problem on here when someone simply expresses an opinion that may differ from there own

regardless of that though, I have my opinion and I intend to keep it

digital you said gave a good run down of the problems sellers have, please though, sellers are not the only ones that have problems, buyers also encounter problems too, with sellers that don't deliver or delivery not was described, so speaking only of sellers having problems just sounds rather biased

trust me some sellers can also be absolute horror stories, you simply cannot say that only buyers are bad
Message 23 of 133
Latest reply

sorry but what did you say in that post

Message 24 of 133
Latest reply

it seems to me that some people seem to have a problem on here when someone simply expresses an opinion that may differ from there own-Danger do not enter-very opinionated members 

Message 25 of 133
Latest reply

@2012happychap wrote:

the reality of life is that you can only control how you behave, I give respect, and I hope to get that in return, but I have no control over the way someone else behaves

and again It is simply my opinion on feedback, and to be honest I am flabbergasted at the way my opinion has been responded to, it seems to me that some people seem to have a problem on here when someone simply expresses an opinion that may differ from there own

regardless of that though, I have my opinion and I intend to keep it

digital you said gave a good run down of the problems sellers have, please though, sellers are not the only ones that have problems, buyers also encounter problems too, with sellers that don't deliver or delivery not was described, so speaking only of sellers having problems just sounds rather biased

trust me some sellers can also be absolute horror stories, you simply cannot say that only buyers are bad

The big difference here is that if a seller does not deliver an item, or it is not as described the buyer can ( and should ) make a paypal claim and have thier money refunded. ( all fair and reasonable ) Sellers have no such protection from ebay and are basically at the mercy of dishonest buyers. I never said only buyers are bad ( you misquote me ) The difference is buyers are protected from bad sellers. Sellers have very little protection from bad buyers.

Message 26 of 133
Latest reply

I said that I didn't know that consumer law was a diverse subject and that I had never thought to find out about it for myself.

A lot more of my post got eaten by the eBay gremlins, but basically I was asking you to interpret your copy paste response and explain to me what it actually meant.

I also asked, seeing as you know the law and policies so well, if you could please explain to me how both eBay and the Law defines the processes of an online auction.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 27 of 133
Latest reply

well that is wrong, anyone who is dishonest should not get away with that behaviour, I am sorry to hear if you have had that experience
Message 28 of 133
Latest reply

I didn't say I knew the law so well, you were the one that raised legal questions, and I simply provided the information that you asked for

and again this was not about consumer law, it was simply about a question and an opinion that I had about feedback

Message 29 of 133
Latest reply

My decision has been to leave feedback when I post a buyers parcel and include the actual date sent in the feedback comment.

I am not really fussed about what other sellers do - nor what a few regulars think of my opinion which is that those sellers that wait to leave to feedback until a buyer leaves it for them, may be seen by some as not demonstrating a high level of confidence in their product or buyers in general.

Message 30 of 133
Latest reply