Bali, why do Australians go there?

I heard on the news another 2 Australians died in Bali. Why do Australians go there? We have better places to holiday at right here at home! 

We have great food, fantastic beaches and many beautiful places to go to so why do Aussies feel the need to go to third world countries when we have everything here? 

We are fortunate to have the best of everything why risk it all in a country with standards far below ours.

If I were given free flights + free cash to go to Bali I would decline! No way would I go there under any circumstances.

Support Australian jobs.

Support our economy.

Spend your money here.

Holiday our wonderful country.

How many more Australians have to die over there before people wake up?

Message 1 of 168
Latest reply
167 REPLIES 167

Re: Bali, why do Australians go there?

This is from an earlier article, than the one I posted last.

6 Jan, 3.34pm

Indonesian officials say they are yet to perform an autopsy on the mother and daughter as they are waiting for permission.

Under Indonesian law, an autopsy can proceed without permission from tomorrow.

I don't know why the family would choose not to have an autopsy. Maybe  the medicine or vomit test showed something.

Police officers seized medicines found in the hotel room where the mother and daughter were staying.

Tests are being conducted on medicine found in Noelene and Yvana's hotel room, which Mr Bischoff  [ Noelene's brother] says is likely to be standard medication holiday-makers take to Bali.

The vomit and medicines have been taken to forensic laboratory.'

Message 71 of 168
Latest reply

Maybe they want the autopsy to be performed here in Australia

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 72 of 168
Latest reply

On aca tonight the family said they wanted an autopsy done here in Australia.

As for Bali, hubby and I considered it about 20 years ago but never went. 

These days both Bali and Thailand are the last places I'd want to go on holiday.  Excluding the fact that I hate the heat...  I just don't like the idea of having to carefully watch every thing that I eat an drink.  From friends who went last year (2 different lots who went at 2 different times) the big thing they complained about was the constant hassling by the locals to buy stuff, get massages, have hair braided etc.  They said they couldn't walk out the door of their hotels without being driven nuts by people wanting to get money from them.  The also said the begging was pretty "in your face" too.  Having to fend off people trying to sell me carp or services is not my idea of a holiday.  I want to go lay on the beach in peace, not be hassled.

Then there are the bars that seem to sell the weirdest of stuff.  Spiked drinks, menthanol put in it etc.  No thank you.

I totally get why people go there, it is cheap as chips and waaaay cheaper than holidaying here in Oz.  But personally I'd rather spend a little more money and go somewhere nicer.  Which is why hubby and I are leaving on Friday for a Cruise to New Zealand  Smiley Happy

"Something wicked this way comes!"
Message 73 of 168
Latest reply

I'm sorry witches,  I couldn't read your post.

I know you probably think its pretty, but really,

you just blinded me

Message 74 of 168
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I'm sorry witches,  I couldn't read your post.

I know you probably think its pretty, but really,

you just blinded me

It's nothing to do with the post, I'm guessing it's your monitor. Is it one of those you can adjust the brightness? Before I bought a new LED monitor I had the same problem. I cut the brightness back by 90% which made it bearable but prolonged looking at the screen was sending me blind.

These new LED monitors are better. Witches post is lovely & clear to read & I just felt compelled to mention it. Cheers.

Message 75 of 168
Latest reply

Black text on white is easier to read.
Message 76 of 168
Latest reply

they want the autopsy performed in Australia, and i dont blame them

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 77 of 168
Latest reply

The family of the Sunshine Coast mother and daughter who died mysteriously one day into their Bali holiday say they are concerned about the probe by Indonesian authorities and want an autopsy to be done in Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/01/07/05/59/family-of-bali-victims-bischoff-reject-autopsy
Message 78 of 168
Latest reply

i was checking prices last night and its cheaper to go to Fiji

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 79 of 168
Latest reply

Crikey*Mate wrote: If the cause is food, I'm thinking a food allergy to something like peanuts....

I doubt it was food poisoning, at least not a naturally occurring case of food poisoning from pathogens consumed in the 6 hours prior to death, can't rule out that someone may have purposely laced their food with a poison... maybe they got food intended for somebody else?

well an ayutopsy can, but no results from that yet, so the rest is all speculation.

have you heard of the Fugu ,Japanese delicacy made from  pufferfish  which contain lethal doses of TTX ?

Why would people eat known toxic  sea creatures ?

Message 80 of 168
Latest reply