Occasional sellers penalised?

I'm an occasional seller so haven't been on Ebay for a while and am not up with their regular rule changes, but is this right?

I recently listed 6 items as BIN and was charged a small fee of 2.63 , they have been listed for a week and I sold 2 items .

Ebay sent me notification that they have added 'best offer' on my remaining items as they haven't sold in a week.

Are these the new rules where Ebay can run rough shot over occasional sellers.

By the way Ebay....sellers are buyers too...tick one off and you tick the other off too.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Occasional sellers penalised?

I wouldn't think most things would sell within a week or listing them. If this is what they're going to start doing I'll be making sure I have an alternative plan in place!
Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@shizam166wrote:

The exact message received from Ebay   and I found the best offer on my BIN listings, which I have since removed.

Weโ€™ve allowed buyers to make offers on 4 of your items   Your items have been listed for more than a week, but views are low compared to other similar listings. The price may be too high. Letting buyers make offers will increase your chance of selling.  

That is... such a cheek. It seems to me that this might even transgress your rights as a seller (but I've not checked - and it may be that eBay's user agreement has inserted some sort of change in which you give eBay permission to do this).

What next?

We've decided it's time for you to have children. You and your spouse will find that for the last week, your prophylactics have been adjusted by us as you have been together for more than a week, but your plans for children have been low compared to other similar couples. The protection you have been using may be too effective. Letting reproductive cells make effective approaches will increase your chance of starting a family.

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes*Last relist I put my prices up on those 8 items that sold. I find increasing prices helps (within reason of course).

How funny! I was thinking that's why some of my things are sitting there... that perhaps when things are too cheap, people are not taking me seriously. *shrug*

Well I guess I'm going to have to mark up a few things?

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

So not impressed. I need to check my emails and listings each day now to see what they have done and turn them all off one at a time. So presumptuous to think they can just invite offers at half the listed price for an item they don't own. I've already offered free postage, now they expect they are the only ones that should make any money at all out of this.

I too am an occasional seller, I have a strategy and patience and that works fine for me, thanks very much.

I've noticed in my case they take the items with the most followers and offers, that has only been listed for a week or less, and apply the offer. If they must decide for us why not choose something that has been relisted three times?

Serious intrusion, worthy of complaint. I've got better things to do than disappoint customers who have been falsely led to believe that I will accept offers on items that are not open to offers period.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

Just out of interest, What is Alpaca silver ? thanks

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Chameleon, it's an alloy, contains no silver

Alpaca

60 percent copper

20 percent nickel (or iron)

20 percent zinc

https://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Alpaca-Silver-Buying-Guide-/10000000178258950/g.html

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

I'm another seller being hit with eBay adding "offers" onto my listings even though I didn't have offers on them in the first place ... and I also have the new "easy pricing" feature turned off where they automatically lower your bit out now price after a week. So I get the email from them to say my listings can now accept offers. On a $50 item of mine eBay added an offer setting to automatically accept offers of $25 or more...**bleep**.. I paid more than $25 for those items in the first place so easy are about to royally screw me over so I lose money on each transaction and still have to pay them fees on top. This is totally wrong. Some of my items have seen eBay add the offer setting into them on more than one occasion on the same item. By the way, even though you think you've fixed it by revising the offer setting and removing it.. EBay put it back on a few days later .... And don't always email you to let you know. You need to continually monitor your items to see what they've added it to.
Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

It's true when you say that you work hard for your money,ebay are truly making you go nuts,ebay stop stealing from your sellers just to make your buyers happy how about making us sellers happy for once lol?

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

@**stickman** wrote:
 On a $50 item of mine eBay added an offer setting to automatically accept offers of $25 or more...**bleep**.. I paid more than $25 for those items in the first place so easy are about to royally screw me over so I lose money on each transaction and still have to pay them fees on top.

Automatically accept offer of $25 does not mean you have to sell at the offer price.  All it means is that you will only receive offers of $25 or more.  You can then decide if you will reject, accept or make a counteroffer.  So counteroffer say $45 or $49.99, the offeree(??) now has 2 more chances to up their offer.  Getting low ball offers can be a pain but I have sold lots of items with realistic counteroffers.  Also you know who the buyer (Offeree) is so, if they don't appear to be genuine buyers you can block them.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

**bleep**

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply